4 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
2 cups sliced almonds (substitute any nut)
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 cup oat bran
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsps fine salt
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup egg whites (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins (substitute any dried fruit)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. (Reserve the raisins for the final step)
3. Divide the granola mix between two sheet pans. Bake for 20 minutes, then carefully turn the mixture. Bake another 15-20 minutes, until it begins to brown.
4. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the hot mixture to the large mixing bowl. Toss in the raisins until combined evenly then transfer the mixture back to the two sheet pans.
5. Place in the oven for one more minute. Allow the granola to cool completely in the pans. When cool, carefully break up the pieces and store in an air-tight container.