Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid to start)
- 2 cups whole grain oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Here's what to do:
1. Melt coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly.
Remove from burner when melted.
2. Pour in oats and flaxseed. Stir to combine.
3. Let cool slightly and then stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture onto foil lined aluminum tray and stick in fridge.
5. Once cooled and set up, flip foil over and bars will come off easily.
6. Cut in squares or bars and store in fridge.